Montreal – We are proud to announce that DES Simulation will be the title sponsor for the 2018 season of the 2k World Cup.
The 2k World Cup presented by DES Simulation is a virtual racing competition that as been in existence for the past 10 seasons. It brings to the table some of the best racing among a very talented group of racers.
This season the serie will race every two weeks for a total of 13 races spread over 11 weekends (2 double-headers). Racespot.TV will once again broadcast the entire season.
R1 – 07-JAN – Spa Francorchamps (Classic) – 2 stops
R2 – 21-JAN – Phoenix 2008 (Oval) – 2 stops
R3 – 04-FEB – Zandvoort (GP) – 1 stop
R4 – 18-FEB – COTA (West) – 1 stop
R5/6 – 04-MAR – Phillip Island – DOUBLE HEADER (15′ + 40′)
R7 – 18-MAR – RANDOM – 1 stop
R8 – 01-APR – Zolder (GP) – 2 stops
R9 – 15-APR – RANDOM – 1 stop
R10/11 – 29-APR – Montreal – DOUBLE HEADDER (15′ + 40′)
R12 – 13-MAY – Donington (National) – 1 stop
R13 – 27-MAY – Snetterton (300) – 2 stops
2 races will be run as a “double header”: 2 races back to back at the same track. The first race is a short sprint race of 15 minutes or less, with the usual 2 lap qualifying. The 2nd race is a 40 minute race with the grid determined by the finishing order in the first race, with the top 10 reversed.
For the random track races, the track won’t be known until a few minutes before practice starts.
The way the track will be picked is as follows:
– A list of 20 tracks will be published at the start of the season, numbered from 1 to 20
– The results of the top split of the last official Skip Barber race before practice starts will be taken. The SOF of the race, the iRating of P1 and the iRating of last place will be added. On the resulting number, a “modulo” 20 will be applied and incremented by 1. This will give us a truly random number between 1 and 20 which will determine the track
– There will be one reserve track on the list that will replace the track that was picked for the first race.
Races are scheduled on Sunday at 21:00 UK time / 22:00 Central European Time
– 21:00 GMT (20:00 GMT after DST kicks in)
– 21:00 / 9PM UK
– 22:00 CET
– 4PM ET (US East Coast)
– 1PM PT (US West Coast)
Local time in the UK will always be used as the reference. This means that the GMT time will change when DST ends in the UK.
At the end of the season, over 200 US$ in prize money will be awarded:
1. FIRST PLACE: $100 CASH
2. SECOND PLACE: $50 CASH
3. THIRD PLACE: $25 CASH
4. FOURTH PLACE: $20 CASH
5. FIFTH PLACE: $15 CASH
6. SIXTH PLACE: $10 iRacing credits
7. SEVENTH PLACE: $8 iRacing credits
8. EIGHTH PLACE: $6 iRacing credits
9. NINTH PLACE: $4 iRacing credits
10. TENTH PLACE: $2 iRacing credits
Join the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/sb2kcup